Main Plot Points:
- Following in the thundering footsteps of the groundbreaking megaseries television event, Dinotopia, comes Dinotopia: The Series, the extraordinary odyssey of a 21st-century family stranded in an amazing prehistoric utopia.
- But beneath Dinotopia’s surface, dangers brew. Through it all endures the boundless imagination, courage, and awesome wonder of a family lost in time — the last hope for a world on the verge of extinction.
What We Thought:
- I remember watching the Dinotopia miniseries a few months back and being pretty disappointed in it. Dinotopia The Series isn’t much better.
- I will say that if you liked the miniseries, you will like this though. It’s practically the same thing minus Wentworth Miller.
- The special effects make it look much older than it is. Maybe they were hoping for that, but it doesn’t work for me. Even my friend who is a diehard dinosaur fan (she has dinosaur tattoos) didn’t love it.
- The good thing is, this full series seems to have some episodes that didn’t air previously. If you haven’t seen all 13 episodes, now you can.
- I think what confuses me the most is, I’m not sure who this is aimed at. It looks like it’s made for kids, but some of the stories and themes gear towards older people.
- Dinotopia The Series seems to have a solid following so I’m sure there are some people super excited for this. I wasn’t expected Jurassic Park or anything, but the look/special effects didn’t work for me. Maybe younger kids will like it, I’m not sure.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Erik Von Detten
- Shiloh Strong
Recommended if You Like:
- Dinotopia the Miniseries