Main Plot Points:
- In this sequel to the 2001 cult favorite, David Spade (Rules of Engagement) returns as the mullet-wearing, rock and roll loving, down on his luck white-trash-hero who embarks on another epic journey, this time through the recent past, the heartland of America – and his own mind – to get back to his loved ones.
What We Thought:
- Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser isn’t quite as good as the original, but it has some laughs.
- The first one is a movie everyone says is dumb, but you secretly like and watch when it’s on TV. This one is pretty dumb, but again, I did find myself laughing at times.
- The first one seemed to have more heart. You rooted for Joe to find his parents and you laughed WITH him along his travels. This one has time travel and Patrick Warburton as a guardian angel/ghost type person.
- With the first one, again, you root for Joe. His hair, his story, etc., are jokes, but it all tells the story of Joe. This time around they are used for jokes and that’s it. It seems to be a movie more about punch lines and laughing at it than laughing with it.
- If you didn’t like the first one and don’t like David Spade’s type of humor, you definitely won’t like the sequel. I like Spade and even I struggled with this one a bit.
- The Blu-ray looks good. Shot in HD, the film looks flawless and brilliant. It has perfect audio as well with a fantastic soundtrack with Lynyrd Skynyrd and other classic rock songs.
- Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser is an unnecessary sequel, but if you liked the first one, you should see it. It’s not a Happy Madison film I’ll rewatch all the time, but I’d probably watch it again somewhere down the road.
- All New Never Before Seen Extended Cut
Notable Cast & Crew:
- David Spade
- Brittany Daniel
- Patrick Warburton
- Christopher Walken
Recommended if You Like:
- Joe Dirt
- Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star
- David Spade