Main Plot Points:
- When corrupt Roman leader Tiberius (Adrien Brody) arrives with a giant army to claim the Silk Road, Huo An (Jackie Chan) and his group of trained warriors teams up with an elite legion of defected Roman soldiers led by General Lucius (John Cusack) to maintain the delicate balance of power in the region.
- To protect his country and his new friends, Huo An gathers the warriors of thirty-six ethnic nations together to fight Tiberius in an incredible epic battle.
What We Thought:
- It was great seeing Jackie Chan in an old school Asian martial arts type epic again like Dragon Blade, I just wish John Cusack and Adrien Brody weren’t in it.
- I’ve always liked Jackie Chan’s Asian films. He’s crazy and they are usually wild and have amazing action. This has a lot of that and has a lot of positives over all.
- It has great action for the most part. Chan still does a lot of his own stunts and there’s some great fight sequences. There’s some other sequences that aren’t as good because of the other actors involved though.
- Set design and costuming are fantastic as well. The backdrop and sets and the entire look is great. The wardrobe is colorful and dark when it needs to be. Lots of gold and black. Exactly what you expect in an Asian style epic.
- Unfortunately, I just didn’t see the need for Cusack and Brody. Their characters make sense in terms of the story, but why them? When I think big, epic, action packed films, I don’t think Adrien Brody OR John Cusack. And even at his age, Chan could kill both of them with one hand in real life. Despite his Oscar, Brody just isn’t that good especially in this opposite Chan.
- The Blu-ray looks amazing. The landscapes, the sets, the costumes all just pop in HD. Audio is top notch with full sound.
- If you are a fan of Jackie Chan, definitely check out Dragon Blade. It’s worth watching for him and the fight choreography. I would have liked it a lot more without Cusack and especially without Brody. I don’t mind Cusack, but have never been a fan of Brody’s and he’s just not good in this. He’s wooden and at no point do you think he could physically defeat anyone out there.
- Behind the scenes of “”Dragon Blade””
- Music Videos featuring Jackie Chan
- Extended interviews with cast and crew
- Trailer gallery
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Jackie Chan
- John Cusack
- Adrien Brody
Recommended if You Like:
- Last Knights
- Little Big Soldier
- Jackie Chan