Main Plot Points:
- Roger Waters, co-founder and principal songwriter of Pink Floyd, fuses the epic and the personal in Roger Waters The Wall, a concert film that goes well beyond the stage. Based on the groundbreaking concept album, Roger Waters The Wall could be called a concept film: it’s a state of the art show that dazzles the senses, combined with an intensely personal road trip that deals with the loss Roger has felt throughout his life due to war.
- On stage and now on film, Waters has channeled his convictions into his art and his music. With Roger Waters The Wall, Waters – together with his fellow musicians and collaborators – brings audiences an exultant ride of a rock and roll concert, and delivers an unforgettable deeply emotional experience.
What We Thought:
- Roger Waters The Wall is a must see for any Roger Waters/Pink Floyd fan. It’s a great mix of live performance and rock documentary.
- I will say I prefer David Gilmour singing Pink Floyd songs, but the performance and showmanship is there even without him. You are watching it for the visuals and the music.
- If you aren’t familiar with a Waters or Pink Floyd’s stage show, boy are you in for a surprise. It’s visually incredible. It’s almost a full on assault on your senses. There’s visuals and music and effects and just everything punching you in the face and ears.
- Plus this also features a lot of personal thoughts from the man himself. Waters can be pretty private, but he opens up in this. You finally get a glimpse of the emotions that go into his writing and what drives him as a man.
- It’s extremely well made too. At no point do you feel like you’re watching two different types of movies. Waters’ stories and words and that rock doc type of feel blends perfectly with the live performances. I thought it might feel out of place or not work as well with two drastically different types of footage, but it did work quite well.
- The Blu-ray looks amazing. If you plan on purchasing this film, get the HD version. The visuals are just mind blowing to see and the sound? Well it’s damn near perfect. It has to be seen and heard in the best quality possible.
- Honestly, you know whether or not Roger Waters The Wall is for you. If you’ve never heard of Roger Waters/Pink Floyd/The Wall, you probably won’t like it. But if you are a fan, you HAVE to own it. I loved the concert footage. You really can’t describe the combination of what you see and hear. Then Waters himself really goes raw and breaks down some walls (pun intended). Just really good.
- A Visit to Frank Thompson
- Time Lapses
- Blu-ray Exclusive Bonus Disc!
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Roger Waters
- The music of Pink Floyd
Recommended if You Like:
- The Wall
- Pink Floyd
- Roger Waters