Main Plot Points:
- Helen Keller vs. Nightwolves tells the shocking story of how a group of nightwolves terrorized a tiny village, taking people’s hearing and eye sight…and the one woman who fought back.
What We Thought:
- Helen Keller vs. Nightwolves. Whatever your response to reading that will be your response to seeing the film. You clearly know whether or not this is a film for you.
- So was it a film for me? Hells (expletive) yeah. I’ve had my eye out for this film since it started shooting and man is it insanely brilliant.
- I’ve been a fan of Ross Patterson for a few years now and HKvN might be his craziest film to date. If you’ve seen Poolboy: Drowning Out the Fury, FDR: American Badass or $50k and a Callgirl, calling this his craziest is saying a lot.
- First of all, the film’s lead character is Helen Keller. Yes THAT Helen Keller. The Helen Keller we told jokes about in elementary school. This time around she’s drinking alcoholic root beer, having sex and killing some nightwolves! What’s a nightwolf? I don’t know, but she fights’em!
- And don’t think it’s just a horror movie with nothing, but gore. There is a lot of blood, but it’s as funny as it is gory. Jesse Merlin will get no love from “The Academy” this year, but he’s fantastic in this. He might be my favorite character. His character is gay and sarcastic and can sing and dance with the best of them. I love the fact that he thinks everyone is looking at them because he’s gay and not the fact that the two women with him have claw marks on their faces and can’t see. He pretty much deadpans the entire movie as the gay “straight” guy to all the nonsense going on around him. Merlin is so, so great in the film.
- Then there is Barry Bostwick. Can this guy be any cooler? He’s been making cult favorites for decades and it’s amazing how he brings this subtlety and coolness to his character. Whether it’s his first scene in the diner or his scenes with Helen Keller, Bostwick is just brilliant.
- Honestly though, I wish there was more St. James St. James in the film because his scenes with Peters always make me laugh. Am I being picky? Maybe, but St. James St. James in his library is funny, plain and simple. Whether it’s making Peters do ridiculous things or just explaining his movie, it works for me and I want more! Not really a slight, just a personal preference.
- Helen Keller vs. Nightwolves is ridiculous, but that awesome kind of ridiculous. You’ll watch it with friends, drink heavily, maybe smoke something too. You’ll have fun and will want to watch it over and over again. The best part is, you can watch it over and over again for free! YEAH FREE! Thanks to the man himself Ross Patterson, you can watch it for free anytime you want right here: https://youtu.be/AvSCwa8WgPE
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Jessie Wiseman
- Lin Shaye
- Barry Bostwick
- Ross Patterson
- Jesse Merlin
Recommended if You Like:
- Poolboy: Drowning Out the Fury
- FDR: American Badass!
- Darnell Dawkins: Mouth Guitar Legend
Follow me at www.Twitter.com/Murraymaker