Main Plot Points:
- FANTASTIC FOUR, a contemporary re-imagining of Marvel’s original and longest-running superhero team, centers on four young outsiders who teleport to an alternate and dangerous universe, which alters their physical form in shocking ways. Their lives irrevocably upended, the team must learn to harness their daunting new abilities and work together to save Earth from a former friend turned enemy.
What We Thought:
- Fantastic Four? More like Fantastic Bore. This is easily the most generic comic book movie ever made.
- You know how most comic book movies are pushed on you with nonstop bombardment of trailers and product placement, but this one doesn’t have any of that? There’s a reason, the movie is bad and they know it. They are putting it out with no buzz because it doesn’t deserve any.
- I had low expectations for this film and it’s even worse than I expected. I was hoping to at least be marginally entertained, I wasn’t.
- The biggest problem is that the film is just so generic and boring. All the actors look bored and none of them look like they want to be there.
- The first hour explains how these 4 get their powers then they remember there’s supposed to be a bad guy to fight, then they fight and it’s over. Snooze.
- I’m starting to believe the whole “controversy” about Michael B. Jordan playing Johnny Storm was made up just so they had something to talk about. There’s literally nothing to say about this film. It happens, you forget about it and move on with your life.
- And the thing is, I’m a huge fan of comic movies. Ant-Man is a lot of fun and I really liked Age of Ultron this year as well. This is just lazy. There’s barely a script and what script there is has nothing, but clichéd dialogue. Johnny Storm says “My bad” when he almost blasts his sister with a fireball. Yup, “My bad”, wow groundbreaking.
- There’s a good reason this is being released so late in the summer, because it’s not a blockbuster. Fantastic Four is the fourth best Fantastic Four film of all time. You either get that joke or you don’t, but what’s more of a joke is this film. It’s the first big blunder in the Marvel Universe.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Miles Teller
- Kate Mara
- Jamie Bell
- Michael B. Jordan
Recommended if You Like:
- Comic Book Movies