Main Plot Points:
- Disc 1 The Lost World – Based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s novels; a scientific team, pursuing rumors of fantastic beasts deep in the African jungle, journeys to an uncharted plateau where they suddenly find themselves in an unimaginable realm of gigantic dinosaurs! After a perilous trek rich with danger and deception, they now have to struggle to survive…The Lost World!
- Return To The Lost World – Several years later…The Lost World is in danger of extinction. Answering a distress call from Africa, two rival scientists set out for The Lost World and find it threatened with destruction by sinister oil prospectors. The group now has to outwit man and nature to save themselves and the vulnerable inhabitants of …The Lost World!
- Disc 2 Adventures in Dinotopia – Based on the best-selling books of author and illustrator James Gurney, Dinotopia tells the epic story of a lost continent where dinosaurs and humans live together in an almost utopian world. Roar through thrilling live action and breathtaking ingenuity as Karl (Tyron Leitso) and David (Wentworth Miller) embark on a daring mission to save the ancient Eden they now call home!
- Journey to the Center of the Earth – Take a step into the unknown with an intrepid team of explorers as they venture where no one has dared go before. Miles below the Earth s surface is an endless chasm of living, breathing dangers that are out of this world. Join the search in this dynamic new movie adaptation of Jules Verne s thrilling adventure of science, suspense, and unparalleled exploration.
What We Thought:
- Jurassic Adventures kinda feels like a cash grab/last ditch effort to cash in on some old dinosaur movies since Jurassic World is big.
- The first film should not be confused with the Jurassic Park sequel, The Lost World, this one is based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s novels. Eric McCormack stars and it’s pretty cheesy. You actually don’t see a dinosaur for a long time and it feels more like an adventure film than dinosaur movie.
- Next is Return to the Lost World with most of the cast returning. It’s just a continuation of the first film and this time they are dealing with oil baddies. I’m hoping these were made for TV. Sure they are both over 20 years old, but they feel even older and look it as well.
- Third we have Adventures in Dinotopia. This is probably the one film in Wentworth Miller’s resume that he wishes was buried with fossils. Talk about cheesy. It’s only from 2002, but man the special effects are pretty awful. Plus they ride dinosaurs like buses and some of the dinos talk. The first time one talked I laughed out loud. This is based on a series of books which I hope are for children.
- Last we have Journey to the Center of the Earth. Nope not with Brendan Fraser, but with Ricky Schroder! This makes the Fraser one look like an Oscar winner. You don’t see many dinos (especially early) and most just seem like ocean creatures. If you know the story, this is pretty straight forward.
- Not one of the four films really stood out. All are kind of lower end movies especially compared to the big Jurassic franchise. I don’t think I’d watch them again, but a friend who’s into dinosaurs wants to watch them.
- Documentary: Dinosaur Eggs & Babies
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Wentworth Miller
- Eric McCormack
- Peter Fonda
- Ricky Schroder
Recommended if You Like:
- Made for TV Type Production