Main Plot Points:
- Evel. Not a name that you forget. Not a man that you forget. Hell, he wasn’t a man, he was a daredevil. Evel was the original daredevil. He left behind a twisted wreck of a life and a story that can only be told at full speed, straight up, and with no flowery prose.
- We will look back, and we will look inside. With a cast that includes those who were there, those who wanted to be Evel, and those who became who they are today because of one man who paved the way for those that risk it all. Interviews include Matthew McConaughey, Michelle Rodriguez, Kid Rock, Guy Fieri, Robbie Maddison, and a host of family, friends, and collaborators.
- This is the inside story of the one who gave birth to the culture of extreme. We will reveal what it was like to chase the dream alongside the greatest daredevil who ever lived. Combined with original exclusive interviews, I Am Evel Knievel will weave in archival footage of this bigger than life character to tell Knievel’s incredible story, with footage of Evel’s greatest jumps from Snake River Canyon to Caesars Palace.
- We will travel America to revisit the sites of Evel’s greatest glory, and to meet the most important people in Evel’s life, from small town to big city. From the site of Evel’s most infamous jump in Idaho’s Snake River Canyon to Montana’s Butte Trailer Park where Evel raised his family while scraping together a living. From the world’s most renowned stadiums to dusty parking lots where Evel Knievel’s death defying feats astonished the world, and left the skid marks of hard living on all those who ventured forth with him.
What We Thought:
- I Am Evel Knievel is a pretty good, but rather straight forward documentary on the famous stuntman.
- Evel was a little bit before my time, but brother was big into him. I saw him later in life after he had crashed a bunch of times and the Snake River Canyon jump went epically wrong. But there’s no doubting he was one of the biggest stars in the world.
- Speaking of stars, the documentary has some celebs talking about what Evel meant to them. The Food Network’s Guy Fieri seemed really big into him. Kid Rock and Matthew McConaughey being fans just seems obvious. Both are good old boys and there aren’t too many things more patriotic than Evel Knievel.
- The film itself is what you expect. It shows his rise in popularity, all the money he made and spent. Everyone talks about how much they loved him and how crazy he was. It gets into his womanizing a bit, but overall it paints him in a more positive than negative light.
- I did like the parts with his kids. I knew of his son Robbie who was also a stuntman, but they show another son who really wanted none of it. He didn’t hate his dad, he just had a different type of relationship than Robbie had.
- Fans of his should definitely check out I Am Evel Knievel. If you aren’t familiar with him, it’s a good way to learn about one of the biggest stars of the 1970s and pretty much the man that created extreme sports.
- Inspired By Evel
- Evel Knievel Lives On
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Evel Knievel
- Kid Rock
- Guy Fieri
- Matthew McConaughey
Recommended if You Like:
- Extreme Sports
- Sports Documentaries
- Evel Knievel