Main Plot Points:
- The only man brave enough to sneak into three outlaw biker gangs…and live to tell the tale, Charles Falco, author of Vagos, Mongols, And Outlaws, goes from convict to infiltrator as he secretly documents the Vagos’ illegal activities and ultimately brings them to justice.
- History brings Falco’s story to life in this fact-based series that sees him work as an informant for the Feds on a covert mission inside the dangerous Vagos world of violence, murder, and drug trafficking. Having climbed the gang’s ranks while facilitating 62 arrests, Charles Falco exposes how he crippled the criminal enterprise from the core of the biker underworld in this mind-blowing true story, Gangland Undercover: Season One.
What We Thought:
- Gangland Undercover Season 1 is a pretty solid show.
- I watch a lot of the documentary style shows on TV like Gangland and Drugs, Inc. so I’m familiar with stories like this.
- This is loosely based on a true story, but I’m sure they took liberties to protect people. Most of the time it’s cops going undercover to infiltrate gangs and stop drugs/violence, but this time it was a drug dealer who did it instead of going to jail.
- I wish there were more episodes because it did feel a bit rushed. His story took years, but you only get 6 episodes to tell it or at least what they want to tell in Season 1. More episodes might have given it more of a Sons of Anarchy feel.
- With it coming from The History Channel, it has some great production value and they have a lot of detail in it. I think that’s what I liked the most about the show, it felt pretty authentic. I know it’s scripted and these are actors, but it had good authenticity to it.
- If you are like me and watch a lot of shows about guns, drugs, violence, gangs, motorcycles and the lot, check out Gangland Undercover Season 1. I’ll definitely watch season 2 when it comes out.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Damon Runyan
- Ian Matthews
- Melanie Scrofano
Recommended if You Like:
- Donnie Brasco
- Sons of Anarchy