Main Plot Points:
- From the creator of Hammer Of The Gods, starring Stanley Weber ( Borgia ) and Annabelle Wallis (Annabelle) comes the story of a Norman prince, freed from slavery, who seeks revenge on his father’s murderer his ruthless uncle, Earl Durant (Karel Roden).
- Gaining the trust of a band of exiled farmers, he leads them into battle against Durant, exploiting them in his quest to satisfy his code of honor. Will the prince sacrifice everything and everyone to quench his thirst for bloody retribution?
What We Thought:
- Sword of Vengeance was a slight disappointment.
- I like a lot of these action period films and shows. I’m a big fan of the show Vikings so I was hoping for something really good.
- Unfortunately the film just isn’t all that exciting. It’s slow in parts and it takes a while for action scenes to happen.
- The actions scenes are pretty solid though. There’s lots of sword play, blood, some gore and other action type stuff you expect in movies like this, I just wanted more of it.
- It reminded me a lot of the film Age of Uprising where it had a lot of good, but the bad outweighed it. If more things happened and there was more backstory to this character, I might have liked it more. You don’t get much about him till the end and by then I wasn’t all that interested.
- Sword of Vengeance isn’t terrible by any means, but I tend want more from these films. I want constant action and battles. I want over the top fighting and tons of swords. I got some of that, but also a lot of walking, talking and not a lot going on.
- Interviews with Producers and Director
- Behind the Scenes
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Annabelle Wallis
- Ed Skrein
- Stanley Weber
- Dave Legeno
Recommended if You Like:
- Hammer of the Gods
- Valhalla Rising
- Age of Uprising