Main Plot Points:
- The Wild West lives on in unprecedented glory through the Gunslingers series an irresistible mix of historical authenticity with the captivating appeal of cinematic storytelling. Wrangled together in one collection are your favorite real-life legends from the O.K. Corral – Billy the Kid, Jesse James, Wild Bill – along with other unforgettable heroes and villains.
- Vivid reenactments are framed with expert commentary and little-known facts to recreate these infamous icons and the time in which they lived.
- With gunfights and manhunts, outlaws and gentlemen, and the fastest gun in the West, witness if you dare the frontier s bravest and rowdiest men as they make their place in history in an epic battle for justice and survival.
What We Thought:
- Gunslingers Season 1 was right up my alley. I was raised on Westerns and the true stories so I liked this quite a lot.
- When you open the season about Wyatt Earp and Tombstone and have Kurt Russell talking, you have my attention. Tombstone is one of my all time favorite films so hearing Russell talk about the real life Earp with Doc Holliday and the shoot out at the OK Corral (or near it is more historically correct), I’ll continue watching your program.
- Then other episodes have other stories I like. I’ve always enjoyed the myth of Billy the Kid. No one really knows the truth so I like hearing what others think and have to say about him.
- I also like Jesse James so having an episode about him is good for me. Just like Billy, his story is different depending on who’s talking.
- I also liked the Tom Horn episode. I know of him, but not a whole lot so I found this one more educational than the rest simply because I learned more.
- If you like cowboys, Westerns, old west legends, check out Gunslingers Season 1. I hadn’t heard of the show, but I’d definitely watch a second season if there is one.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Kurt Russell
- Re-enactments of Wyatt Earp
- Re-enactments of Jesse James
- Re-enactments of Billy the Kid
Recommended if You Like:
- Young Guns