Main Plot Points:
- From Lucy to Roseanne, they’ve been the comedy glue that holds the family together. Enjoy 10 hilarious episodes of TV’s Greatest Moms that feature the women who made us laugh for over 50 years!
What We Thought:
- The “Mom” character has been a staple of television since its inception and TV Guide Spotlight: TV’s Greatest Moms has a solid collection of episodes.
- In this set you get episodes of The Cosby Show, Ozzie and Harriet, Maude, Good Times, Roseanne, The Lucy Show, Petticoat Junction, Married with Children, Bewitched, and The Partridge Family. I had seen most of them, but had missed a few.
- What’s great about this collection is you get a wide range of moms from the classic mom (Harriet), classic 80s mom (Clair Huxtable) to the over the top mom (Peggy Bundy). And who didn’t love Shirley Partridge?
- Some of the older episodes I needed a reminder of. I know my mom watched it, but I can’t say I’ve seen too many episodes of Petticoat Junction.
- You don’t get television like this nowadays and it’s a shame. You grew up learning from Moms on TV and TV’s Greatest Moms shows why.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Lucille Ball
- Katey Sagal
Recommended if You Like:
- 1960s TV shows
- 1980s TV shows
- 1970s TV shows