Main Plot Points:
- The age-old wonders of the world have long cursed explorers who’ve dared to unlock their mysteries. But a team of archaeologists gets more than they bargained for when they discover a lost pyramid unlike any other in the Egyptian desert.
- As they begin to uncover its horrifying secrets, they realize they’re being relentlessly hunted by an ancient evil more nightmarish than anything they could have imagined. From producer Alexandre Aja, director of The Hills Have Eyes, comes a pulse-pounding journey into true terror.
What We Thought:
- You may or may not remember The Pyramid hitting theaters a few months ago. It kind of got dumped in cinemas with no fanfare and quickly disappeared. Luckily, that’s a pretty fitting fate for a movie this generic.
- The plot’s pretty simple. A group of archaeologists get trapped in a newly-discovered pyramid and then end up facing off against pissed off Egyptian gods. Which, for a large part of the movie, is pissed off mummy cats. Yep. I’m not making that up.
- Then, at least a Jackal god creature shows up, but it’s too little, too late. This movie is as cliched and by the numbers as they come. It’s not even interesting enough to be mediocre, it’s just boring. And that’s the worst sin of all in horror moviemaking.
- And just to add insult to injury, the ending is right out of Hollywood 101. Think that monster is dead? Think again! We’ve seen it all a million times. Spare yourself the tedium.
- Extended Ending
- Featurettes: “Fear, Space Archaeology, Egyptian Myth, Partners”
- Image Gallery
Notable Cast & Crew:
- James Buckley
- Ashley Hinshaw
- Denis O’Hare
Recommended if You Like:
- Found footage movies
- As Above So Below
- Egyptian history