Main Plot Points:
- Academy Award nominee Jessica Chastain and Golden Globe winner Collin Farrell take a sizzling turn as a wealthy aristocrat and her father’s valet whose innocent flirtation turns into a heated and dangerous affair that tests the boundaries of class and desire.
- Oscar nominee Samantha Morton costars in this searing tale of power and seduction.
What We Thought:
- I’m a big fan of both Colin Farrell and Jessica Chastain so I’m pretty shocked Miss Julie didn’t do a whole lot for me.
- There’s nothing wrong with the film in the slightest, but not a whole lot really happens either. It’s pretty much a 3 person/single location film with lots of talking.
- It looks perfectly fine. The three actors are all good, but without a whole lot happening and a run time over slightly over 2 hours, it lost my attention at parts.
- The entire movie is a “Will They/Won’t They” story and you can tell what’s going to happen. Well besides the ending which I didn’t exactly get.
- I mean I get what happened, I just don’t understand how it happened as bad as it looked.
- Miss Julie has been made before in film and on stage. The three actors are all perfectly fine and deliver their lines perfectly. I guess I wanted more. More passion or steaminess. I don’t know what exactly I wanted, but I know I wanted more of it.
- Interviews with Director Liv Ullman and Actress Jessica Chastain
- Trailer Gallery
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Jessica Chastain
- Colin Farrell
- Samantha Morton
Recommended if You Like:
- Miss Julie (1999)
- Period pieces