Main Plot Points:
- From a starving teenager who fought to feed his family, to a Congressman working tirelessly to improve the lives of his people, Manny explores the many triumphs and tribulations of Filipino boxing sensation Manny Pacquiao, the greatest pound for pound fighter the world has ever seen.
- Narrated by Liam Neeson, directed by Ryan Moore and Academy Award winner Leon Gast (When We Were Kings), Manny is the inspiring, action-packed story of the life of one of the world’s greatest sportsmen inside and outside the ring.
What We Thought:
- Just in time for his big fight against Floyd Money Mayweather comes Manny, a documentary on Manny Pacquiao.
- The documentary is rather straight forward and has no other narrative than to tell the story of boxer Manny Pac-Man Pacquiao. It shows him growing up in the Philippines, his move to the States, climbing different weight classes and becoming one of the best boxers in the world.
- Manny is the only boxer to ever be a champ at 8 different weight classes being only 98 pounds when he first discovered boxing. It’s pretty personal with lots of stories of his hardship upbringing, his mother, his wife and family and everyone in between.
- Of course it being boxing, money issues and people stealing from each other is involved. But it also showed Manny’s attempt at singing and his political side (he’s a big shot in his home country).
- The documentary is a bit old because they talk about a fight with Mayweather probably never happening and it’s happening this weekend. But other than that it is pretty interesting.
- If you like boxing especially Manny Pacquiao, you’ll like Manny. There’s no agenda other than telling you about his life, but I learned a bit and it’s an easy watch.
- Manny Vs. Mosley
- Top Rank Gym
- Manny’s Birthday Party
- “Manny” Music Video
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Manny Pacquiao
- Liam Neeson
- Mark Wahlberg
Recommended if You Like:
- Sports Documentaries
- Manny Pacquiao