Main Plot Points:
- From Disney comes two-time Oscar® winner Brad Bird’s riveting, mystery adventure “Tomorrowland,” starring Academy Award® winner George Clooney.
- Bound by a shared destiny, former boy-genius Frank (Clooney), jaded by disillusionment, and Casey (Britt Robertson), a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity, embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space known only as “Tomorrowland.” What they must do there changes the world—and them—forever.
What We Thought:
- I really dug Tomorrowland. I know some people who didn’t, but I had fun with it.
- The film is a throwback to old Disney, stories Walt himself would have liked. It borrows its name from an attraction, but the story itself is 100% original.
- George Clooney is a movie star, that’s a fact. He’s good even in bad movies and he’s good in this. But it’s Britt Robertson and Raffey Cassidy that carry the film.
- Robertson plays a young genius who’s taken to Tomorrowland and is asked to help fix the problems going on. Cassidy plays the young recruiter sent out to find people who belong in Tomorrowland and she has a twist I won’t spoil. They have great scenes together. They have great scenes with Clooney and they have great scenes with Hugh Laurie.
- There’s action and adventure and laughs (a toy store scene might be the best scene in the film) and enough drama to keep you watching. Plus it’s light enough for a younger audience to pay attention to it.
- Is it an award worthy film? No, but it doesn’t have to be. It’s entertaining and fun. There’s space ships and robots and good guys and bad guys and everything classic Disney.
- People claim there isn’t enough originality in Hollywood. They claim to be tired of sequels, remakes and comic book movies. Well here comes Tomorrowland, a completely original film. A lot of people didn’t like it which just goes to show people have no idea what they are talking about. I liked it. I liked it a lot. It’s a perfect Summertime family film with good characters, a retro feel and just enough fun.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- George Clooney
- Hugh Laurie
- Britt Robertson
- Raffey Cassidy
Recommended if You Like:
- The Rocketeer
- Super 8
- Classic Walt Disney Stories