Main Plot Points:
- There is nowhere to hide…nowhere to run…the Zombie Apocalypse has come, and our world now belongs to the dead! From Ireland, Canada, Australia, Europe and all over the U.S., the bone-chilling news reports tell the same gruesome tale – walking corpses terrorize and devour the living.
- Only a few desperate humans find the courage to stand and fight for their last chance at survival. But the hordes of undead keep coming, and there’s only one thing on the menu – us.
What We Thought:
- Zombieworld is pretty uneven, but it’s a lot of fun at times.
- It’s sort of an anthology film with little stories telling one bigger story of the zombie apocalypse. Some are better than others of course as is the case in most of these types of films.
- Let’s start with the best part, the part I rewound to watch again so I could pay 100% attention to. There’s a scene where Jesus (yup THAT Jesus) and Judas kill zombies with fish. They LITERALLY kill zombies (that Jesus accidentally created with his miracle powers) with fish. Fish. They kill zombies with fish. It’s as awesome as that sounds. There’s great old school effects and blood and gore and over the top fish on zombie violence. Pure genius.
- The second best part is the Spain sequence. A guy covers himself in mud at a beach in Spain. He doesn’t see the green zombies come out of the water and start killing anyone until his batteries die in his Walkman and then he “Hulks” out and starts killing the zombies with beach accessories. Coolers, umbrellas, zombie heads. He rips a spine or two out. Again, great old school effects with lots of blood and gore.
- Some stories just didn’t work for me. The Ireland sequence is pretty generic. Guy comes home, friend is dead, there’s a twist with a note, but nothing too great.
- There’s a scene that explains some rules about surviving in the zombie apocalypse that reminded me a bit too much of Zombieland.
- Not everything works in Zombieworld, but I’d be lying if I didn’t have fun with it. I’ve seen hundreds of zombie films in my life and this is one of the better ones of late. If you like zombie comedies, zombie films, old school effects, over the top everything, check it out.
- Short film: Marathon Apocalypse
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Bill Oberst, Jr.
- From Dread Central
Recommended If You Like:
- Shaun of the Dead
- Zombie Comedies
Follow me at www.Twitter.com/Murraymaker