Main Plot Points:
- The Shift takes place during one 12-hour night shift in an emergency room. On this night, a veteran nurse, a new nurse and their ethics are at odds. Floyd (Danny Glover) mentors the nurses as they face difficult cases and tough decisions.
- The veteran nurse believes in doing what is best for his patients, even if it means letting them die; the new nurse, on the other hand, believes in fighting for the patient until the very end, no matter what.
- Confronted with a young girl dying from cancer, beliefs are tested and actions challenged.
What We Thought:
- The Shift feels more like an episode of TV than a movie. At 77 minutes, it’s almost as short as one.
- It definitely felt more like ER than an actual movie. There’s not a whole lot to it.
- There’s nurses and patients and the whole playing God type thing. Early on they save a patient they shouldn’t have and there’s “battles” of whose way is best.
- That’s basically all I got out of it. There was a drug side story it seemed like, but it really didn’t hold my attention. It was pretty generic and uneventful.
- Danny Glover is in it, that’s about all I know for the cast. I could look up their names, but honestly, the film did nothing for me to even care.
- I don’t really know what they were going for in The Shift. Seems like a TV pilot that didn’t get picked up by the networks. It’s generic and unoriginal especially if you watch medical dramas.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Leo Oliva
- Danny Glover
- Casey Fitzgerald
Recommended if You Like:
- Medical Dramas