Main Plot Points:
- A hard-working small business owner (Vince Vaughn) and his two associates (Tom Wilkinson, Dave Franco) travel to Europe to close the most important deal of their lives.
- But what began as a routine business trip goes off the rails in every imaginable – and unimaginable – way, including unplanned stops at a massive sex fetish event and a global economic summit.
What We Thought:
- The funny parts of Unfinished Business are funny, but for some reason the movie is about cyber bullying and kids being picked on.
- I was expecting a hybrid of Eurotrip and Planes, Trains & Automobiles, a mix of raunchy comedy with a buddy road trip movie. I got it sometimes.
- There are scenes that are completely raunchy and funny. There’s lots of nudity, both male and female. There’s sex jokes and drinking and drug use. Everything I expected and wanted.
- But for some completely absurd reason, half the movie is about bullying especially cyber bullying. Vince Vaughn has an overweight son who gets picked on by kids and a younger daughter who gets into fights because of it.
- One minute there’s a scene about glory holes and partying with hostel kids, the next scene Vaughn is doing a monologue about how the parents of bullies don’t love them. What???
- Why have any of that? Don’t mix a sex comedy with a heartfelt storyline. Don’t do it. Make a movie about a dad trying to start a business and supporting his family OR make a movie about the craziness that happens on business trips. You have Dave Franco playing a somewhat slow character (who was surprisingly funny). You have Tom Wilkinson as a horny old dude having one last go of it. You have the awesome Nick Frost as well. Why have anything to do with photoshopped pictures on Facebook and your kid wearing make up?
- I was iffy about Unfinished Business before I saw it and it left me totally confused. The stuff that is supposed to be funny I laughed at. The other story just pissed me off. I hate this whole bullying/cyber bullying garbage of today like it’s a new phenomenon and I certainly don’t want to hear about it right after there’s T&A and bong rips. Pretty much a mess of a movie.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco
- Tom Wilkinson
Recommended if You Like:
- The Delivery Man
- Comedies That Have a Message for Whatever Reason