Main Plot Points:
- A kindergarten teacher invents a car that runs on human blood to combat high gas prices in Blood Car, a horror/comedy from first time director Alex Orr. In the first feature film from Fake Wood Wallpaper Films, narrative conventions and predictable, by-the-book plotlines are left behind in favor of an absurdist look at a future in which no one drives due to $40-a-gallon gasoline prices.
- Both a satire on our voracious habit for oil as well as a cleverly structured horror film, Blood Car will make you cringe and laugh at the same time.
What We Thought:
- Blood Car wants to be a really funny, dark comedy, but unfortunately it’s just dumb.
- I didn’t find it funny or entertaining or scary or anything.
- Even the gore isn’t very good. There’s some blood and one scene (when half a person is in the trunk) is pretty good, but that’s it.
- The lead has no charisma. The actress that isn’t Anna Chlumsky isn’t very good.
- And why are people having sex in cars? Ok I get it, you can’t afford gas, but why have sex in cars that are just sitting there? Why not have sex in a bedroom?
- I’m sure the film is supposed to say something about gas prices and the economy or what not, but the film is a complete waste of time so I’m not going to try to find some hidden message in it.
- Blood Car was made years ago. I don’t know if it was out on DVD before, but even if it was, I don’t recommend it at all.
- Theatrical Trailer
- Two Shorts From the Fake Wood Wallpaper Film Collective (The Adventure and The $100 Short Short)
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Mike Brune
- Anna Chlumsky
Recommended if You Like:
- Obscure, idiotic films
- Wannabe Dark Comedies