Main Plot Points:
- The rural town of Elwood has become a “bubble” against the backdrop of a global infection where humans don’t die, but instead roam the land looking to spread the sickness, in a grisly, horrific way.
- The “Zombie Killers,” a small band of young adults, trained by military vet, Seiler (Billy Zane); have sworn to protect the town and aim for the head if anything threatens Elwood’s last survivors.
- What We Thought:
- Zombie Killers: Elephant’s Graveyard had all the potential to be an incredible cult classic, but it just didn’t pan out.
- I’ll start with the good. Billy Zane is great in it. I don’t know how he got stuck doing straight-to-video films lately because he’s a decent actor. I liked his character in this a lot. He’s clearly the only one in the cast who’s taking it seriously.
- Second, the film has a bunch of random movie quotes in it that are hilarious. There is one scene with Zane and a couple of other characters and it’s nothing, but movie quotes. I laughed my butt off.
- That’s about it for the positives. Ok maybe there are a few good kills, but that’s it. A lot of kills are done with weapons that make ZERO sense being in America especially small town America. Some of the characters had Saiga shotguns which are Russian made. There’s no way they would have those.
- Other than Zane, the rest of the cast is pretty lackluster. The lead guy looks and sounds like he hasn’t gone through puberty, but is supposed to help kill zombies? Mischa Barton continues to make us second guess her earlier success. The others are what you expect from a D-movie/zombie non-blockbuster.
- Zombie Killers: Elephant’s Graveyard suffers the same fate as most straight-to-video zombie films. There’s not enough explanation or character development. There’s too many characters that you don’t really know who to root for. The ending is terrible. There’s too many plot holes and storylines that go nowhere. Unless you love Billy Zane or are a zombie aficionado, you won’t miss much if you skip this.
- Bloodbath & Beyond
- The Look of “Zombie Killers: Elephant’s Graveyard”
- “Zombie Killers: Elephant’s Graveyard” – Behind the Scenes
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Billy Zane
- Mischa Barton
- Dee Wallace
Recommended if You Like:
- Zombie Hunter
- Exit Humanity
- Zombie movies