Main Plot Points:
- Life’s A Breeze is a charming comedy that follows a family struggling to stay afloat and together through hard times. The family is turned upside down when Nan’s (Fionnula Flanagan) unemployed slacker son Colm (Pat Shortt), and his niece Emma (Kelly Thornton) make a well-intended attempt to clean out her house and accidentally trash the mattress where she’s been stashing her life savings. Now they must overcome their many differences to lead their family in a race against time to find a lost fortune.
What We Thought:
- I must have known the story behind Life’s a Breeze because the film felt really familiar. I even asked two other people if they knew about it.
- An Irish woman hid money in a mattress which of course get’s thrown out and they have to hunt it down and recover all the money. Sounds familiar right?
- It’s a pretty simple film. No one believes the old lady. The media blows it out of proportion then calls her a liar. Even the family has their doubts.
- It’s not groundbreaking. It’s not mind blowing. It’s just a simple, little film that I liked it. No one’s going to win awards for it, but I’ve certainly seen far worse lately.
- It’s an Irish movie. Just like Waking Ned Devine or Run & Jump, it’s centered around people and characters you can relate to and has an easy to follow story that’s told properly. The Irish tell great stories.
- The Blu-ray looks good. There’s good coloring and the backdrop looks nice especially the scenes of wide open land. The audio is perfect as well with easy to hear dialogue with full Irish accents.
- Life’s a Breeze is a nice little movie. There’s really nothing else to say other than that.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Fionnula Flanagan
- Pat Shortt
- Kelly Thornton
Recommended if You Like:
- Waking Ned Devine
- Run & Jump
- Irish films