Main Plot Points:
- When trauma-induced phobias begin to re-emerge in five survivors a year after their horrifying tragedy, they return to the Fear Clinic, hoping to find the answers they need to get cured.
- Dr. Andover (Robert Englund), a fear doctor who runs the clinic, uses his “Fear Chamber” to animate their fears in the form of terrifying hallucinations. However, the good doctor soon begins to suspect that something more sinister may be at work, something that yearns to be more than just an hallucination…based on the critically acclaimed and fan favorite 2009 FEARnet.com series, Fear Clinic also stars Fiona Dourif (True Blood), Slipknot and Stone Sour lead vocalist Corey Taylor and Thomas Dekker (The good Lie).
What We Thought:
- Fear Clinic had all the potential to be a cult classic, but it just didn’t get there.
- I really wanted to like the film. Robert Englund is awesome. Thomas Dekker is sort of creepy and Corey Taylor of Slipknot/Stone Sour has a porn moustache in it. It could have been so good.
- But ultimately it just didn’t do much for me. For a while I had no idea what was going on. Three of us watched it together and no one understood much or the timetable they were using.
- They don’t really explain too much about the black goo or why Englund’s character seemed so focused on these people. The people end up all being connected, but was Englund more involved? I really don’t understand.
- The film is all over the place and finally connects at the end, but by then we didn’t care about it. You don’t know much about the characters to care about them or the film.
- Fear Clinic is yet another film that I wish I loved. I wanted it to be one I watch over and over again, but to be honest, I’d probably never watch it again. Maybe the cast gave me higher expectations for this type of movie, but I must have missed something because I didn’t get much out of the film.
- Fear Clinic – Behind the Scenes
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Robert Englund
- Thomas Dekker
- Corey Taylor
Recommended if You Like:
- Laid to Rest
- Psychological Horror Thrillers