Main Plot Points:
- The Identical is a redemptive movie about a young man, the son of a preacher, who rejects his father s desire for him to join the ministry and instead embarks on a career as a rock singer. As he struggles to pursue his dream and rise to stardom, he finds love, pain, success, failure and ultimately uncovers a hidden family secret that reveals who he really is.
- The Identical is a captivating story about a family restored and a life discovered that lifts your soul and warms your heart! (Jeffrey K. Howard, VegasFilmCritic.com)
What We Thought:
- Did you know Elvis Presley had a twin brother that was given to another family? That’s what The Identical says.
- Ok they don’t call him Elvis, but come on, it’s Elvis. It looks like The King, sounds like The King, dances like The King. Ok they called his house Dreamland and not Graceland, but again, come on.
- I really couldn’t get into it. Honestly, I found it quite preposterous. I know they are taking many liberties in the story, but as someone who grew up with a mother that’s a diehard Elvis fan, it didn’t work for me.
- The music was good and the performances were alright, but I couldn’t get passed the story. It’s so over the top ridiculous to me.
- The Blu-ray looks very good and sounds great. There’s great costuming and the music sounds perfect.
- I get what they were trying to do with The Identical, but it’s just not my type of thing. The actors are fine, but I sat there waiting for the whole thing to blow up in their faces and for the truth to come out. Although the idea of an Elvis impersonator out there being the twin of Elvis is kind of funny.
- The Making Of “The Identical”
- Behind The Scenes With Cast Commentary
- The Music Of “The Identical”
- Zaxby’s Promotional Video
- Deleted Scenes
- Theatrical Trailer
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Seth Green
- Ashley Judd
- Ray Liotta
- Blake Rayne
- Joe Pantoliano
Recommended if You Like:
- Made Up Bio-pics
- Elvis movies that aren’t about Elvis