Main Plot Points:
- ONLY REVENGE BRINGS REST!
- John Lincoln didn’t understand why vengeful ghosts possessed him while he slept—until he learned that his father was also a Dream Thief!
- To give Dad’s spirit rest, he’ll need to orchestrate a prison break, avoid a statewide manhunt, and try not to get possessed himself!
What We Thought:
- It’s been a while since I read the terrific first volume, so plunging right back in was a little disorienting. Each issue does its best to get the reader up to speed though. Overall, a solid story, though I feel that it does suffer in comparison to its predecessor.
- One story problem for me had to do less with the writing than with the otherwise excellent art. I had trouble differentiating between modern-day John and Fischer, which I feel shouldn’t have happened given the sizeable age difference.
- Otherwise the art was great, strongly reminiscent of the noir and horror comics of the 90s. I really enjoyed the homages to the 80s, as well.
- Loved the pinup gallery, with its diverse array of artistic styles.
What It Includes:
- Issues #1-#4 of the miniseries.
- 15-page pinup gallery, including paper dolls
- Written by Jai Nitz
- Art by Greg Smallwood and Todd Galusha
- Colors by Tamra Bonvillain
Recommended If You Like:
- Sandman Mystery Theater