Main Plot Points:
- Agent Price’s new mission pits him against a doomsday cult leader with a political agenda that poses a direct threat to the president.
- But a mysterious hive mind has more menacing plans for Brain Boy. He’ll have no choice but to go head to head—brain to brain—with the mysterious Men from G.E.S.T.A.L.T.!
What We Thought:
- Razor-witted, topical, action-packed follow-up to the excellent first volume. This volume is filled with plot twists, humor and the underlying humanity that characterized the beginning of the series.
- For all that, this book felt like a bit of a let-down. Maybe it’s because I enjoyed the first volume so much. This one just felt a little forced in the way the revelations piled up. Plus, the fact that it’s about to segue into a crossover makes my blood run cold.
- The art was spectacular, as always. I especially loved the effects around Price and Faraday’s suits.
- Nice little bonus sketchbook section. The notes that accompanied it felt a bit perfunctory, but it was still a nice add-on.
What It Includes:
- Brain Boy: The Men from G.E.S.T.A.L.T. #1–#4.
- 8-page collection of sketches and extras
- Written by Fred Van Lente (Archer & Armstrong)
- Art by Freddie Williams II (Green Arrow, Captain Atom)
Recommended If You Like:
- Psychic spies
- Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D
- Mind MGMT