Main Plot Points:
- Mina is a young single mother in Oslo, juggling 6 year old Felix’s upbringing and her troublesome relationship with her traditional Pakistani family that doesn’t approve of her life choices. Constantly looking for love in all the wrong places, Mina falls in and out of relationships with a string of men, none of them lasting very long.
- But when Mina meets Jesper, a Swedish film director who dearly adores her, she falls head over heels in love, willing to go to any lengths to make it work this time around.
What We Thought:
- I Am Yours is sexy, but I don’t exactly get the point of it.
- It’s about a woman finding love, enjoying herself while trying to take care of her kid and deal with her non-approving parents, but what else is it?
- What was I supposed to take away from it that I didn’t already know? Parents (of any culture) don’t understand their kids especially in traditional cultures.
- It reminded me a lot of a movie called Young & Beautiful I watched a few months ago. The lead is beautiful, it’s pretty sexy and erotic, but after I watched I felt like I never had to watch it again.
- That’s the problem I have with a lot of these dramas, once you watch them, that’s that. You kind of forget about them and you don’t ever really feel like watching them again.
- I Am Yours isn’t bad. It’s well made and well acted. The lead is very attractive, just don’t expect to be blown away by it.
- Bonus Short Film: The Amber Amulet
Notable Cast & Crew:
- No one I’m familiar with
Recommended if You Like:
- That Girl in Yellow Boots
- Young & Beautiful
- Foreign Films