Main Plot Points:
- Life was hard enough for Trick Croft as a college student and a cancer patient—then the vampires attacked and slaughtered his best friend.
- Now Trick knows that his blood is poison to the bloodsuckers, and he will stop at nothing to eradicate them.
What We Thought:
- Delved into the many current, diverse views of vampires, before presenting an altogether believable mythology that I really enjoyed uncovering over the course of the book.
- The ending was almost too much pathos for me. I had an idea of what Vale was up to, but the amount of emotion I had invested in these characters took me by surprise
- Loved the art and the watercolor style of the colors. I know the end page was just Tyler Crook showing off his coloring style, but I really kinda wanted it to be a teaser for a sequel.
- The 10-page sketchbook is really cool, and the comments illuminating.
What It Includes:
- Collects issues #1–#5 of the miniseries.
- 10-page sketchbook
- Written by Bram StokerAward winner Jonathan Maberry (V-Wars)
- Art by Tyler Crook (B.P.R.D.)
Recommended If You Like:
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer
- The Strain
- Red Band Society