Main Plot Points:
- In a desperate attempt to reconnect with her estranged son who is a passionate WWE fan, Rose grabs his attention by joining a rigorous training program to learn to wrestle like a legitimate WWE Diva.
- She convinces her bored fellow cashiers at the local supermarket to join her challenging new adventure and together they become the “Queens of the Ring”.
What We Thought:
- Nothing takes me out of a film faster than bad dubbing. Queens of the Ring has absolutely horrific dubbing.
- The movie seems to be from France and I should have dropped the dubbing and just went with subtitles. The voices don’t match any of the characters and made me laugh the entire time.
- Even if the dubbing wasn’t bad I still wouldn’t have liked the movie. It has some really bad acting, really bad dialogue and really bad wrestling.
- It seems to want to be a family film, the one woman starts wrestling to impress her estranged son, but there’s some swearing in it and a shower scene. I wasn’t expecting nudity in it at all. Sure Europe is a bit different in how they view nudity, but women in a shower doesn’t scream “Family Friendly” to me.
- And how on Earth is the WWE involved in this? Sure only a few of their athletes cameo in it, but this movie is pretty terrible. I wouldn’t expect them to have their names involved whatsoever never mind on the DVD box cover.
- Queens of the Ring did nothing for me. I’ve seen plenty of films of parents doing things to get their kids back and trust me, this isn’t one of the better ones. Other than the wrestlers, I have no idea who any of the people in it are and the wrestling itself is really bad.
- WWE Superstars + Divas on Queens of the Ring
Notable Cast & Crew:
- The Miz (cameo)
- CM Punk (cameo)
- Eve Torres (cameo)
Recommended if You Like:
- The Full Monty