Main Plot Points:
- A husband is distracted by an affair with a young woman; the wife – sick of her husbands debauchery; and the teenage son – indifferent to them both. Overwhelmed with hatred, the wife attempts to remove from the husband the organ driving his desires; thwarted, she instead takes out the violent act on the son and then disappears into the night.
- Disfigured in such a radical way, the son slowly deviates from normal life. With both husband and son damaged and living in grief, the wife returns as the family heads towards destruction even more horrific than before.
What We Thought:
- There are no words to describe Moebius. For one, there are no words in the movie!
- It’s not a silent movie, there are grunts and noises, but no dialogue. I was expecting something with subtitles, but there was no need.
- What I got was a very disturbing and crazy movie. A mother cuts off her son’s penis. His life becomes a mess filled with different ways to try to get off sexually. His mom returns, there’s some more disturbing scenes, the end.
- I don’t know what I was supposed to get from this movie. I don’t know the point. If it had a meaning, I missed it.
- It was pretty much just torture porn or messed up masturbation. Do I really need to see a guy rubbing a rock on his foot so he can get off? Nope.
- I’m sure someone out there will love Moebius. I didn’t. I didn’t get the point of it. You’re gonna lose me when a mom cuts off her son’s junk and tries swallowing it.
- Interviews with Director Kim Ki-Duk and Cast
- Interview with Actress Lee Eun-Woo
- Post-Screening Q&A from NYAFF 2014
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Eun-woo Lee
- Jae-Hyeon Jo
- Ki-duk Kim
Recommended if You Like:
- 50 Shades of Grey