Main Plot Points:
- In ancient Egypt, Isis and Osiris ruled the land. All were happy for the couple except one, Set, a jealous man who killed Osiris in order to take over his kingdom. Isis snuck into Osiris’ tomb and tried to raise him from the dead using her black magic. Set caught Isis in the act and had Osiris cut to pieces, with each piece buried in a different part of the land, so Isis could never again raise her husband.
- Isis vowed to avenge Osiris’ death and return with him to rule over all the worlds. Now, six college students Kyle, Dustin, Felicia, Jay, Serena and Amy take their last course in archeology in anticipation for graduation. Their last assignment is to uncover and document the museum’s new acquisitions with their teacher, Professor Shields and world-renowned Egyptologist Dr. Nasir.
- During the night they unwittingly awaken the ancient spirit of Isis and her wrath is unleashed on the group. As students start to disappear one by one, they must band together to stop Isis from raising her dead lover Osiris, his evil army of the dead, and exacting their revenge upon the world.
What We Thought:
- Isis Rising: Curse of the Lady Mummy is terrible. It’s one of the worst acted films I’ve seen in a while.
- Seriously, I knew from the opening scene it was going to be close to unwatchable. No one in this film should act again.
- It’s full of clichéd, stereotypical characters. The “jock” wears a hat and basketball shorts. The “nerd” has a bad haircut. The hot chick has cleavage. The Asian girl is all nerdy till she’s hooking up with someone and becomes hot.
- The dialogue is as awful as the acting. I laughed at half the stuff they said and the smoking scene made me laugh out loud at what they were smoking.
- And if you are going to have a hot girl with cleavage spilling out, lots of hot actresses in the movie and a DVD cover art that has a semi-nude woman on it, how do you slack on the nudity? These movies are always bad, but at least make it so bad it’s fun and full of gratuitous nudity!
- Isis Rising: The Curse of the Lady Mummy should have stayed hidden in the pyramids. Don’t watch this. There’s one scene where a head comes off that’s so green screened I had to call someone and tell them how bad it was. Dreadful film.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Priya Rai
Recommended if You Like:
- Terrible Movies
- Terrible Mummy Movies
- Bad Acting