Main Plot Points:
- Comedy Central Records releases a new comedy album from crowd work specialist Big Jay Oakerson. “The Crowd Work Sessions: What’s Your F@!?#ng Deal?!”
- Oakerson has built a reputation for his ability to engage the audience and turn it into a nightly unique comedy experience. For his second album, he ditches the written material altogether and showcases his impressive ability to riff with a crowd. Covering everything from interracial relationships to the myth that everyone is special, Oakerson takes his cues from the crowd for this one-of-a-kind special.
What We Thought:
- Big Jay Oakerson: What’s Your F****ng Deal?! is pretty solid, but also quite bizarre.
- I don’t think any of it is anything he wrote down. None of it even sounds like a bit or a set.
- The entire thing is him interacting with the audience or at least it comes across that way. It’s very sexual and raunchy, but I didn’t mind it. If you don’t like jokes about anal sex and threesomes, this probably isn’t for you.
- Sure it’s raunchy, but because of the audience participation it kind of works. He talks to a group of friends, a group of gays, a couple, a guy and girl who are “friends”, some who sleep together at times. He introduces them all to each other and it’s pretty funny.
- A lot of it comes across as stereotype jokes, black men with big packages, jokes about gays etc., but because everyone is part of it, it comes across funny.
- I will say the best joke to me is when he referenced the Fake Agent type of porn. Fake Agent and Casting Couch is the best porn so that made me laugh a lot.
- It’s hard to describe Big Jay Oakerson: What’s Your F****ng Deal?! It’s not a set per se. It’s not regular stand up per se. But I did find myself laughing quite a bit. His fans should dig it.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Big Jay Oakerson
Recommended if You Like:
- Big Jay Oakerson
- Stand Up Comedy