Main Plot Points:
- A young criminal defense attorney struggles with a homicide case that is not as cut-and-dried as it appears once the mob gets involved, and he quickly realizes that to keep himself and his client alive, he must work outside of the law.
What We Thought:
- Throwdown would have been a better film with a different lead and director.
- Unfortunately they are both the same guy. I just couldn’t get into him as the character. Something was lacking and he just didn’t work for me. I just didn’t see the charisma you want in a lawyer character.
- I will admit I liked the concept of the movie. You aren’t quite sure what the lawyer will do, will he be a good guy, will he defend his client, will he only look out for himself? Unfortunately my issue of not “feeling” the actor playing the lawyer really hurt the film.
- Wow has Mischa Barton fallen. From a hit TV show she thought she was too good for (The OC) to straight to DVD movies, she made some bad choices in her career.
- I’ve liked a lot of these action-y straight to DVD movies that usually have Vinnie Jones, Danny Trejo or even an Eric Roberts in them. Unfortunately Throwdown just didn’t do it for me. Lackluster is the best word to describe it because at no point did I really get into the movie unfortunately.
- Behind the Scenes
- Trailer Gallery
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Vinnie Jones
- Mischa Barton
- Luke Goss
- Danny Trejo
Recommended if You Like:
- Blood of Redemption
- The Liquidator