Main Plot Points:
- The future looks bright for newlyweds Trevor and Holly, but their dreams are about to devolve into a nightmare of unspeakable terror. On a random visit to a tarot reader, they encounter a mysterious old woman who tells them that Holly is pregnant.
- As the child grows within her, Holly begins to exhibit increasingly bizarre and violent behavior. Soon, their joy is overshadowed by a mounting sense of dread that something sinister lurks within her womb.
- Desperate to save his wife and unborn child, Trevor searches for answers and discovers Holly may have fallen prey to an ancient curse spawned by an evil demon with an insatiable lust for blood.
What We Thought:
- The Devil Incarnate is yet another evil baby concept film and it’s a total snooze fest.
- The best way to describe it is “I didn’t get it”. Now I’m not even sure if there was anything to get. It tells you about a cursed family line in the beginning, the wife gets all weird while pregnant and everything is shot with a handy cam (oh joy!).
- So not only is it unoriginal and boring, it looks terrible too! The picture quality fades in and out because you know, it has to look like garbage since the husband and then his sister has to record everything!
- I couldn’t tell if it was trying to be found footage. If it was trying to be a demon baby movie. I couldn’t tell if it wanted to just be a curse movie. None of it really plays out or at least it doesn’t for a while and by then I simply didn’t care.
- The Devil Incarnate is just another straight to DVD horror flick. There’s no real gore. It’s generic. The acting is bad. It looks bad. There’s no real point. Just pass on this one.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Rod Luzzi
- Graci Carli
- Emily Rogers
Recommended if You Like:
- Hell Baby (Minus the jokes)
- Bad Milo (Minus the comedy)
- Rosemary’s Baby (Minus everything good)