Main Plot Points:
- From the director of THE DEAD AND THE DAMNED comes a high octane sequel. In a savage land where zombies roam freely, Lieutenant Colonel Sawyer is armed with machine-guns, body armor, and courage. He is on a mission to give his family a burial at sea.
- To reach the coast, he much enter a quarantined infected zone and fight through hordes of bloodthirsty zombies. There he encounters a group of survivors, including a young woman who is a target of both the male survivors and the ravenous zombies.
- To protect the last non-infected human and complete his mission, Colonel Sawyer must face the dead, the damned, and the darkness.
What We Thought:
- The Dead and the Damned 2 is a sequel to The Dead and the Damned. Well I never saw the first one, but you really don’t have to in order to follow along.
- You get a bit of the backstory in this to piece together the first one, but this story seems completely separate. The first seemed to be about the old west and this is a modern day zombie piece.
- There’s nothing new or revolutionary about this film. It’s a zombie film. But you know what? It’s not an unwatchable nightmare like most of the straight to DVD horror I’ve been watching again.
- I don’t think I’d watch it again, but I didn’t hate myself for having to watch it. There’s some good deaths and blood. The zombies are pretty cool and the Colonel in his armor is pretty cool.
- The DVD cover art and slipcover make no sense though. The first film was about the Old West and zombies, but this one isn’t so I don’t understand why there’s Old West cowboys with six shooters on the box.
- The Dead and the Damned 2 won’t win any originality points. It’s a zombie flick from head to toe. But compared to the rest of the garbage that has become horror (especially on video), at least it’s watchable.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Robert Tweten
- Iren Levy
- Richard Tyson
Recommended if You Like:
- The Dead and the Damned
- Zombie Movies
- Straight to DVD horror films