Main Plot Points:
- Ruth has traveled across half the world to find her father – a man she hardly knew but can never forget. Lost and alone in the sprawling chaos of Mumbai, she survives by serving men’s desires at an unlicensed massage parlor and clinging to the hope that there is a good man at the end of her search.
- But, as the sprawling city threatens to engulf her, Ruth’s persistence will reveal a devastating truth, beyond anything she could possibly imagine.
What We Thought:
- That Girl in Yellow Boots is not what you expect when you think of Bollywood type films.
- It’s kind of a sexual thriller and I’ve never seen that before from that part of the world. It gets a bit repetitive at times, but maybe it’s supposed to and I’m not used to this type of film.
- It’s not great, but pretty good and it’s because of the lead actress. I can’t say I’m familiar with her, but she definitely held my attention. She captures every scene as she tried to find her father and herself.
- I guess the thing that didn’t work for me was the pacing. It never really seems to stick to one thing long enough. It goes from her servicing men to her trying to find her father and back and forth.
- That Girl in Yellow Boots will have you second guessing Bollywood films. I don’t know if I liked the ending or not, but it will have you thinking for sure. The lead is really good and probably makes the movie.
- Theatrical Trailer
- Q&A with the Director
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Director Anurag Kashyap
- Kalki Koechlin
Recommended if You Like:
- Films by Anurag Kashyap