Main Plot Points:
- Picking up where season one left off, we discover that Amiel Ben Horin is not only alive, but he has been living as a Muslim in Syria, a leader in the terrorist organization that brutalized him for years. Has he turned?
- In these emotional, tense and densely plotted episodes, former prisoners of war Uri and Nimrod and their families continue to pick up the pieces of their lives; Amiel, now known as “Yussuf,” struggles with his identity and allegiances; a lifelong pursuit of vengeance comes to a climax; and a top-secret intelligence operation known as Operation Judas is put into motion with potentially devastating consequences.
What We Thought:
- Did you know that the hit series Homeland was actually based on a hit Israeli TV series?
- Well, it is, and that series is now on DVD. Prisoners of War: Season Two follows the story of two Israeli soldiers who are returned home after being prisoners of war, and the psychological mystery that follows.
- The storyline is obviously familiar to those who have watched Showtime’s hit Homeland series, but the tone and feel of the show are different.
- Plus, being actually set within the world of the Middle East, the show certainly has stakes on a different level than Homeland.
- The Hebrew language will dissuade some viewers, but it shouldn’t, as this is top-notch drama.
- New Introduction
- Episode Commentaries
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Gal Zaid
- Assi Cohen
- Salim Dau
- Yael Abecassis
- Mili Avital
Recommended if You Like:
- Four Lions
- Political conflict dramas