Main Plot Points:
- Mobilize is an investigative documentary that explores the potential long-term health effects from cell phone radiation, including cancer and infertility. The film examines the most recent scientific research, follows national legislative efforts, and illuminates the influence that technology companies have on public health.
- Mobilize features interviews with numerous doctors, politicians, cancer patients, and technology experts.
What We Thought:
- Mobilize is a documentary that sets out to prove whether or not cell phones are bad for you.
- It seems like it wants to really prove that they are, but act like it’s not biased. But then again, most documentaries are that way.
- To this day this is no actual proof whether or not cell phones can cause cancer or be harmful. Sure a few people have had issues, but so didn’t early microwaves. Will I be surprised if 10 years from now it turns out cell phones can kill? No.
- They make the comparison to cigarettes throughout the documentary. They say cigarettes come with a warning, why shouldn’t cell phones? And that it took decades for Big Tobacco to start paying for all the deaths so why not stop cell phones now?
- You know what I say to that? Let me decide. If I want to use a cell phone right now without 100% proof that it can kill me, but maybe there’s a chance, shouldn’t that be MY decision? How about we stop pretending we know what’s best for people and let people decide?
- Mobilize is your standard documentary. It sets out to give some information towards the way they feel and it does that. I use my cell phone daily. That’s not going to stop.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Politicians & Experts
Recommended if You Like:
- Bowling for Columbine
- Truth in Numbers?