Main Plot Points:
- When a wounded Indian stumbles into her camp, Elizabeth insists on defending him against his would-be killer, Doc Holliday, who is intent upon avenging the recent murder of Morgan Earp.
What We Thought:
- As the go to Westerns watcher here on IWM2$, I unfortunately get a lot of pretty terrible westerns. Doc Holliday’s Revenge can be added to that list.
- Tombstone is in my top 10 favorite films of all time so the fact that this film is trying to make Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday look bad just isn’t going to sit well with me. Yes I know Doc was more an outlaw than “good” guy, but you aren’t winning me over with this film.
- The film lacks everything that makes Westerns great. The shoot outs are lame and there barely are any. The size of the film is really small. Westerns are usually huge in size and scope with men on horseback riding for miles or wide shots of the town. This has none of that. It probably has the most talking I’ve ever seen in a western as well.
- And I love how they sell this with the names Tom Berenger and Eric Roberts. Berenger is only in it to narrate the film (which wasn’t necessary at all) and Roberts is his prototypical straight to DVD self. He’s in in for about 5 minutes in the beginning and a few in the end.
- The only positive in Doc Holliday’s Revenge is that there’s a hot redhead in it. That’s it. Just another lame/lackluster Western of today.
- Stills Gallery
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Ashley Hayes
- Eric Roberts
- Tom Berenger
Recommended if You Like:
- Shadow on the Mesa
- Living by the Gun