Main Plot Points:
- The Stranger is the first Comedy Central stand-up album from Dan Mintz, best known as the voice of Tina on FOX’s Emmy award winning show “Bob’s Burgers”. Taped live at Comedy Works in Denver, Dan brings in laugh after laugh with his classic one-liner style. The Stranger is sure to be a comic hit.
What We Thought:
- I really liked The Stranger from comedian Dan Mintz.
- I know him as Tina on Bob’s Burgers and really that’s it so it was funny hearing Tina doing adult jokes. And yes they are quite adult.
- Some can be really raunchy, but they aren’t gross. His delivery is very dry and slow and the punch lines are ones you don’t expect. He definitely throws some curveballs your way.
- He reminds of someone like Steven Wright. He’s very slow, almost shy like, but then bam, hits you with a punch line that is really funny.
- There isn’t much off limits either. He talks about girlfriends, a wife, kids, but you never really know if any of it is real. He has some really funny sex jokes that if they were delivered differently, wouldn’t work nearly as well. The name of the special is a reference to a way of masturbating so that should tell you something.
- For an act I wasn’t familiar with, The Stranger from Dan Mintz was a pleasant surprise. I’d listen to it again, check out other sets he has available. If you like off centered jokes about dating, marriage, kids, and edgy jokes about rape and abortion, check this out.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Dan Mintz
Recommended if You Like:
- Dan Mintz
- Bob’s Burgers
- Stand Up Comedy