Main Plot Points:
- A weekend trip to the woods for a bachelorette party turns deadly when a nearby train accident causes a chemical reaction to overtake the secluded valley. But waiting out the disaster inside could prove to be just as dangerous as the outdoors.
What We Thought:
- Chemical Peel is yet another dreadful horror film of late. I’m so tired of these generic films.
- This one has women getting together for a bachelorette party and chemicals on a train combine to form killing mist. Just go watch The Mist instead.
- I absolutely hated every character within minutes of their appearance. The fake red haired girl I wanted dead instantly. She is an absolute bitch the entire movie and there is no reason to root for her.
- That’s the biggest problem, I simply didn’t care enough about any of the characters to root for. Sure they are pretty hot (and you have a redhead, the nerd girl with glasses, the blonde, the black chick so something for everyone), but they were all terrible.
- And no nudity? If you are going to bore me with a clichéd, seen it before a million times horror movie, at least give me some good deaths and nudity. I got neither. Ok one decent death scene, but I didn’t care at that point.
- Horror is an easy and cheap genre to shoot. Because of that, we get run of the mill, copycat films like Chemical Peel all the time. Absolutely nothing original about the film. It felt like another one I watched within the past few months that I can’t even remember the name of. Girls go away for the weekend and bad things happen. I’m sure I’ll see another within a month or two.
- Filmmakers Commentary
- Actors Commentary
- “Slow Burn: The Making Of Chemical Peel” Featurette
- Trailer Gallery
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Natalie Victoria
- Arielle Brachfield
- Stephanie Greco
Recommended if You Like:
- Dead Within
- Among Friend
- Sanctuary: Quite A Conundrum