Main Plot Points:
- John Falcon is a bad, bad man. But he didn’t deserve to go to prison. Now, after 10 years of hard time, he’s hell-bent on revenge.
- Screaming across the scarred landscape of the Yucca Valley, Falcon’s got a list of scores to settle, and 24 hours to inflict brutal vengeance on everyone he holds responsible for putting him away.
Including his own brother.
What We Thought:
- American Muscle has some good violence, gore and action, I just wish it was a bit better.
- I know Grindhouse style films aren’t supposed to be perfect and I don’t expect them to be, but I just wanted a bit more from this.
- The lead is really good though. He has a good intensity about him and fits the role really well. You can tell he has an edge about him yet you do find yourself rooting for him (while he goes around killing people).
- It does well with the gore and violence for sure. There’s some great death scenes and some great violence/action.
- The story is ok, but I felt like I’ve seen similar before. It’s your standard revenge type film, but I’ve also seen a lot worse.
- The Blu-ray looks good. It intentionally has a lesser quality look to it. It is after all a Grindhouse style flick. Shading and coloring works well though. Audio has easy to hear dialogue and good foley for the action.
- If you are a fan of Grindhouse style filmmaking, I think you will like American Muscle. I wanted a bit more, but I can’t say I didn’t like it or anything. I had never heard of it so it was a pretty pleasant surprise.
- Audio Commentary (with Director and Producer)
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Nick Principe
- Malice McMunn
- Todd Farmer
Recommended if You Like:
- Dead Hooker in a Truck
- Hobo with a Shotgun
- Grindhouse flicks