Main Plot Points:
- When it comes to women, playboy Mike (John Stamos( has all the right moves. So when Mike’s buddies (Michael Rapaport and Bryan Callen) ask for advice on how to reconnect with their wives, Mike figures he’ll share some secrets and help the guys regain their marriage mojo.
- But when Mike’s lessons start backfiring with hilarious results, it takes a beautiful, no-nonsense friend (Tika Sumpter) to show Mike he still has a thing or two to learn about relationships.
What We Thought:
- My Man is a Loser is just another rom-com full of clichés and uninspired storytelling.
- It’s exactly the movie I want to watch as a man. It just shows you how every man is wrong and stupid and women are perfect no matter what. Despite neither wife doing a damn thing and both husbands making a fortune, it’s the man who’s wrong. Of course it is. Of course that’s sarcasm for those who don’t understand sarcasm.
- In one scene Bryan Callen says he makes $21,000 a month. That’s a lot. Plenty to live off of right? Not when they spend $25,000 a month because his wife (who didn’t seem like she worked at all) buys $1000 purses and shoes. But he’s the bad guy. He has to change. Not you sweetheart, you’re perfect.
- And when Callen and Rapaport start changing and trying to be better, their wives don’t care. Rapaport’s wife was a bit better, but Callen’s was just awful. Your husbands are trying to close a deal worth millions of dollars and you’re giving him crap about missing a dinner? Take a hike.
- I haven’t even talked about John Stamos in My Man is a Loser. He plays a good looking guy who gets ladies. Yup he does. He gives advice to his friends on how they can fix their relationships all while you know he’ll end up with someone too. I will admit I did laugh at a couple of things in it, but overall it did nothing for me. If your man is making $21,000 a month and paying for your house, kids, their school and your $1000 shoes, he’s not a loser. You’re just a terrible person.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- John Stamos
- Bryan Callen
- Michael Rapaport
Recommended if You Like:
- Generic Rom-Coms
- Guys Always Being Wrong
- Surprise, He Gets the Girl!