Main Plot Points:
- From the singular mind of writer/director and podcaster Kevin Smith, and conceived from one of Smith’s own Smodcast’s, TUSK is a story unlike anything that has ever been committed to screen before.
- A tale that is equal parts hilarious and horrifying, TUSK will stay with you long after the credits roll.
What We Thought:
- Remember when people said Kevin Smith could only do stoner and sex jokes? Then he did Red State and people saw something new. Well now he has Tusk and it’s definitely something we’ve never seen from Silent Bob before!
- I don’t even know where to begin to describe Tusk. It starts out sort of like Misery and then takes some bizarre The Human Centipede turn. And man does it turn and might turn your stomach!
- This is just a demented film. Justin Long must trust Kevin Smith a lot to let him do what he did to him. Long has never done a character like this before.
- Although the film works for one reason, Michael Parks. He is fantastic in this. He channels Kathy Bates and Dr. Heiter. Parks is friendly, psychotic, deranged, funny, and just impressive. He makes you laugh and hate him at the same time. He does a great job in that role.
- If you are looking for a stoner flick with your favorites Jay & Silent Bob, this is not the film for you. If you like demented flicks, check it out. We all walked out of the screening not sure of what we watched. I know I liked it. I’m not sure why, maybe because of just how messed up it is.
- Tusk is a head scratcher. I totally dug it though. It’s nothing we’ve seen from Smith before and who knows if we will again. Horror fans might like it. His normal audience might not. Parks is brilliant as usual and dominates the film. All I know for sure is that I’ll never hear Fleetwood Mac the same again.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Justin Long
- Haley Joel Osment
- Michael Parks
- Genesis Rodriguez
- Writer/Director Kevin Smith
Recommended if You Like:
- The Human Centipede
- New Stuff From Kevin Smith
Follow me at www.Twitter.com/Murraymaker