Main Plot Points:
- Brett Davern and Beau Mirchoff of MTV’s Awkward star as Danny and Jake, small-town street-racing rivals with fast cars and quick tempers. But when Danny scores a scholarship to a top racing school, he’ll find himself in fierce competition with an arrogant Italian driver (Diogo Morgado of Son of God and The Bible), in a risky relationship with a new classmate (Tiffany Dupont of Greek), and competing on the same team as his old nemesis Jake.
- The stakes are high. The track is hot. And survival of the fastest is the only rule that matters. Corbin Bernsen (Psych, L.A. Law), Grant Show (Devious Maids, Melrose Place) and Sharon Lawrence (Rizzoli & Isles) co-star in this action-packed second film in the Born to Race franchise.
What We Thought:
- Have you seen Need for Speed? What about any of the Fast & the Furious films? Want to watch a generic version of those? Then pop in Born to Race: Fast Track.
- This was seriously as lackluster as you can get. I didn’t like any of the characters. I thought the lead had zero charisma and they made sure to have every stereotype you can expect in a racing movie. Two Italians that think they are better than everyone. A Texas cowboy who doesn’t like the way the others talk. The Asian. The token girl who just wants to race and fit in with the boys.
- The racing was uneventful. Most of it takes place at the racing school and even the crashes are lame. I didn’t even like the cars. Just a bunch of tuner cars, no real American muscle.
- And the worst part is, they even made a Vin Diesel joke. When you are ripping off a car franchise, I guess you can have the balls to make a Vin Diesel reference.
- The Blu-ray looks good. It’s your standard HD movie of today. The track has some great colors, bright sky, the colors of the cars and uniforms etc. Audio has easy to hear dialogue and musical score.
- Looking it up it seems like Born to Race: Fast Track is a sequel to Born to Race. They both have the same Danny Krueger character, but have different actors. I’ve never heard of the first one and I don’t think you need to see it to get this one. I can’t really recommend this to anyone unless they really like someone in it.
- Fast Track Behind the Scenes
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Grant Show
- Corbin Bernsen
- Brett Davern
- Beau Mirchoff
Recommended if You Like:
- Need for Speed
- The Fast & the Furious Franchise
- Racing films