Main Plot Points:
- Blended marks the third comedy pairing of stars Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, following 50 First Dates and The Wedding Singer.
- After a disastrous blind date, single parents Lauren (Barrymore) and Jim (Sandler) agree only one thing: They never want to see each other again.
- But when they each separately sign up for a fabulous family vacation with their kids, they are all stuck sharing a suite at a luxurious African safari resort for a week.
What We Thought:
- I’m not quite sure why Blended didn’t connect with audiences, but I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.
- I will say that it’s not a laugh-out-loud comedy, it’s more of a lighthearted, chuckle-as-you-go type of film.
- Still, Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore are a lot of fun together as usual, and the film does offer up a few good laughs along the way.
- I think the film is especially likable for parents, as some of the humor definitely comes from the experiences you run into raising children.
- Also, Terry Crews is the film’s unsung hero as the bandleader of Tathoo, an African a cappella group that entertains the audience (and plays a bit of a greek chorus for viewers as well.)
- Blended won’t win any awards any time soon, but as far as a Friday night date-night rental goes, it’s perfectly enjoyable.
- Adam and Drew: Back Together Again
- Bella Thorne’s Makeover
- Safari Animals
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Adam Sandler
- Drew Barrymore
- Joel McHale
- Terry Crews
- Wendi McLendon-Covey
- Kevin Nealon
- Bella Thorne
Recommended if You Like:
- Adam Sandler movies
- Romantic comedies