Main Plot Points:
- After being dumped by his fiancée due to his poor performance between the sheets, Will is desperate to master the art of love-making and win back his girl.
- During a visit to a porn shop, he finds a mysterious tape that will grant him the sexual powers he needs if he can follow its strict directions. Sexy and hilarious, Screwed: The Movie is one man’s quest to be a modern Don Juan.
What We Thought:
- Screwed: The Movie feels like a throwback to 80s rom-coms with a mix of early Kevin Smith raunchiness.
- It has the sex jokes (and comic references) you’d expect out of Jay and Silent Bob, but hidden underneath is a lot of heart and a story about love and relationships.
- The lead captures that 80s awkward leading man style. He’s uncomfortable and nervous even with help from a magical videotape. You know he’ll end up with someone, but you enjoy his ride of uneasiness as he tries to figure out his love life.
- The ladies in his life are very easy on the eyes. Brianna Brown plays the woman he’s going through all of this to win back. Julie McNiven is sweet and adorable and really, you can’t go wrong with a redhead. Even though there’s lots of sex, there’s not a lot of in your face nudity. It’s actually done quite well.
- The supporting cast is fun. You never fully get what happened to the mom and dad for the dad to be stalking her, but I found it funny. The family that runs the porn store at home is really funny too. The kids were super weird and kinda creepy.
- For a film shot in a matter of days and not weeks with little budget, it feels like a fully thought out movie. I’ve seen big budget films that are less cohesive with a much worse storyline. It has heart, enjoyable characters and an easy to understand plotline.
- Screwed: The Movie is a little movie that most people probably haven’t heard of. I liked it. I found myself laughing more than not. It’s not just a comic book nerd film. It’s not just a raunchy sex film. It’s not just another boring, clichéd rom-com. Hopefully more people will find it on VOD or later on on DVD.
Look for it on VOD now and on DVD December 10th.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Julie McNiven
- Kurt David Anderson
- Brianna Brown
Recommended if You Like:
- Good Luck Chuck
- Love Potion No. 9
Follow me at www.Twitter.com/Murraymaker