- In this supernatural thriller, three college friends go to the biggest party of the year, each looking for something different: love, sex and a simple human connection.
- When a mysterious phenomenon disrupts the party, it lights a fuse on what will become the strangest night anyone has ever seen.
- As the three friends struggle to find what they’re looking for, the party quickly descends into a chaos that challenges if they can stay friends or if they can even stay alive.
What We Thought:
- +1 starts as a very traditional teen movie. A young couple breaks up, however the two star-crossed lovers meet later at a huge party. Around them we’ve got all the usual party elements: Random hook-ups, arguments, copious amounts of drinking, and loud music.
- Then something weird starts happening. Something very weird. No, very very weird. It’s like the world is not the same. I can’t really say more than that.
- +1 basically takes a familiar science fiction concept, gives it a teen flick spin, and turns it up to 11. By driving this “familiar science fiction concept” into the red the movie loses the subtleties of the message and most of the point, but valiantly tries to make up for it in entertainment value.
- I think it succeeds.
- +1 is great fun, if you give it time to really get started. It gradually gets more and more clever, before descending into utter madness during the finale. In a good way, mind you.
- Besides, any movie where you need the sentence ‘And then a meteor drops out of the sky’ to describe the plot is worth checking out in my book.
Notable Cast & Crew:
- Rhys Wakefield – The creepy guy in The Purge
- Ashley Hinshaw – Of About Cherry “fame” (didn’t see it, just read the articles)
- Dennis Iliadis – Director of The Last House on the Left
Recommended if You Like:
- Earthbound, present day science fiction puzzles
- Can’t Hardly Wait (but thought it lacked naked breasts)
- Primer (but thought it lacked naked breasts)
- Very short titles